Chocolate Chunk Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
The addition of chopped chocolate, dried cherries and walnuts makes this a super chunky oatmeal cookies.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins
- Serves: Makes 6 dozen or 36 (2 cookie) servings.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries Substitutions
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in oats, chocolate, cherries and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Cooking tip :
Prepare as directed, using 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips in place of the baking chocolate.